Sunday, January 25, 2009

Thank you free nights and weekends.

What follows is an e-mail I sent to Best Buy (is it Bestbuy or Best Buy?) customer service after waiting for assistance on the phone for oh, just a little while.

"I am having problems ordering from bestbuy.com

I am signed in with 3 items in my cart and I press checkout. I am asked to enter my password to sign in, even though I'm already signed in. Extra security, no problem.

Password entered. An error occurs and says I need to enter my zip code for tax.

I enter my my zip code and press go. The tax is calculated.

I then press checkout and it asks me to sign again (annoying this time). I enter my password and press continue.

I am given the same error that says I need to enter my zip code. Repeat this same sequence over and over endlessly.

This is second time I've tried to shop on bestbuy.com and both times I encountered this problem. This keeps me FROM MAKING ANY PURCHASES on your website and that seems a bit problematic for a website that sells things.

I tried to circumvent this problem by calling 1-888-BESTBUY and order over the phone. As of this writingI have been on hold for 1 hr 30 min 58 seconds.

I really like Best Buy. I have a Best Buy credit card and I try to make all of my electronics purchases at Best Buy. However, this experience has made me reconsider my continued support of Best Buy."

In that time I could have driven to three different Best Buys to get the three items I was trying to purchase. Just for the record I did all of that waiting on speaker phone while working. So not a complete waste of time, but still!

You've got to love customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment