Saturday, March 21, 2009

Back on the easel again


Session 3
Originally uploaded by Matt & Nayoung

I haven't done any life drawing in 7 years (since college) and it was probably my favorite part of my art school education. Why have I not done something I was so fond of for so many years? I don't know.

On our way back form New York last month I met Tony Shasteen and his wife in the Atlanta airport. At the time he belonged to a comic studio called Gaijin Studios and that they did life drawing sessions every week, so I jumped at the chance to get back in to drawing.

I've been to three sessions and I've gotten better each time. With some guidance from some great comic artists and a chance to get out of the house and socialize the sessions have been really enjoyable.

I put up more drawings at our flickr page, so go check them out.

MW

No comments:

Post a Comment